Mikey Junior Biography
When one of the oldest continuously running blues societies in the world says you're the "real deal", that has to mean something. When blues forums toss your name around with the likes of harmonica masters like Little Walter, Jr. Wells & Sonny Boy...that has to mean something. Of course, there will always be skeptics; but to blues fans throughout the country, there is no doubt that at just 32 years old, Mikey Junior is chasing the masters at a pace that’s frightening. Growing up on the tough streets of Trenton, New Jersey, and now residing in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, Mikey Junior is a self-taught prodigy. With his impressivecollection of vintage, records, tapes, CD’s and videos, Mikey spent the better part of his youth immersing himself in the world of blues music. By the time he was twenty-one he was already a road-tested player making even ardent blues purists take notice. Since that time, Mikey Junior has released an impressive eight CD releases as well as a documentary DVD. He’s been praised by blues societies as well as players for his original take on ‘old school’ styles and his latest release, ‘It Ain’t Hard To Tell’ is being hailed as a watershed effort by the blues community. Mikey Junior never set out to re-write the pages of blues history, but through his true love of the music and his undying dedication to the masters that came before him, it seems all but certain that Mikey Junior will scribe his name in the annals of blues history - right alongside the very masters that influence his every performance.
- Member of the Bucks County Blues Society
Since 1996 www.buckscountybluessociety.org
- Member of the Diamond State Blues Society
Since 2003 www.diamondstateblues.com
- Member of the Jersey Shore Jazz & Blues Foundation Since 2003 www.jsjbf.org
- Member of the Baltimore Blues Society
Since 2004 www.mojoworkin.com
- Member of the Lehigh Valley Blues Network
Since 2004 www.lvbn.org
- Member of the Central PA Blues Society
Since 2005 www.bscpblues.org
- Member of The Blues Foundation
Since 2005 www.blues.org
- Member of the River City Blues Society
of Richmond, VA. Since 2005 www.bscpblues.org
- Member of the Magic City Blues Society
in Birmingham, AL. Since 2005 www.magiccityblues.org
***Mikey maintains a current membership status to all of these Blues organizations and urges YOU to become and maintain a membership to your Local Blues Society and/or Foundation. Tax deductable, it’s is a great way to show your support for Blues Music and help these organizations bring some of the world's finest entertainment right to your own backyard. Become a member, subscribe to a Blues publication, play some blues for a younger person or two, bring someone out to a blues show, With a little effort, you too can do your part to preserve this Classic American Art Form, the BLUES***
- 2012 Finalist at the International Blues Challange in Memphis, TN.
- 2011 Won the Jersey Shore Jazz & Blues Foundation
Battle of the Bands to compete in the 2012 International Blues Challange in Memphis, TN. www.jsjbf.org
More information about the International Blues Challenge at: www.blues.org
- 2011 Semi-finalist at the International Blues Challenge, Memphis, TN.
- 2011 Winner of "Coolest Blues Song in The World 2011"
by Big City Blues Magazine www.bigcitybluesmag.com
- 2011 Finalist in the King's of Beale Street Competition, Memphis, TN
- 2010 Won the Diamond State Blues Challenge to compete in the 2011 IBC in Memphis, TN.
- 2009 Won the Central PA Blues Society’s Solo/Duo Challenge
to compete in the IBC in Memphis, TN.
- 2007 Won the Diamond State Blues Challenge
to compete in the IBC in Memphis, TN.
- 2005 Won the Baltimore Blues Challenge
to compete in The Blues Foundation sponsored
International Blues Challenge (IBC) in Memphis, TN.